What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the computer when a website is visited by a user. The text stores information that the website can read when it is visited at a later date. Some of these cookies are necessary for the site to function properly, while others are useful to the visitor as they can safely store, for example, the user’s name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your PC is that it avoids you having to fill in the same information every time you want to access a previously visited site.
Through cookies Liberty Srl ensures that the same information does not need to be entered or received on every visit to the site. Cookies are also used to optimise the way the website works: they make it easier to process final purchases and to make quick searches for specific items and products on the website. Our website also uses third-party cookies, namely Google Analytics, as an instrument for the anonymous and aggregate analysis of the behaviour of browsers on the website. In order to protect your personal data against possible losses and any form of illegal processing, Liberty Srl has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures.
How can I disable cookies?
You can change your browser to disable cookies through a very simple procedure.
Warning: if you disable cookies, your username and password will no longer be stored on the website login page.
- Open Firefox
- Press the “Alt” button on the keyboard.
- On the toolbar located at the top of the browser, select “Tools” and then “Options”.
- Then select the “Privacy” tab.
- Go to “Chronology Settings” and then to “Use custom settings”. Deselect “Accept website cookies” and save the preferences.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the “Tools” button and then on “Internet options”.
- Select the “Privacy” tab and move the slider to the level of privacy you wish to set (upwards to block all cookies or downwards to allow them all).
- Then click on OK.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the “Tools” icon.
- Select “Settings” and then “Advanced settings”.
- Select “Content settings” under the “Privacy” caption
- On the “Cookies and site data” tab, you can search for and delete specific cookies.
- 3. Write chrome://settings/cookies in the address bar and press Enter.
- You will access the “Cookies and site data” tab, where you can search for and delete specific cookies.
- Open Safari.
- Choose “Preferences” in the toolbar, then select the “Security” panel in the dialogue window that follows.
- 3. In the “Accept cookies” section you can specify if and when Safari should save cookies from websites. For further information click on the Help button (indicated by a question mark).
- For more information about the cookies stored on your computer, click on “Show cookies”.